I’ve been playing around with this fun thing & thought instead of trying to draw my sangria, I would short-hand the process & just get you to the recipe quicker so you can do what you’d rather be doing anyway: sipping a lovely holiday beverage, listening to old scratchy Bing Crosby records, or wailing along with bluegrass renditions of your old favorites (those are really are the only two options, so settle in).
At any rate here’s an easy & pretty way to refresh:
Abbsquake’s Cranberry Apple Sangria:
- 2 bottles of pretty much any white wine
- 1/2 cup of honey
- Two freakishly long cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 a bag of fresh cranberries, some sliced in half
- 1 medium apple, sliced thin (I left the skin on; up to you…)
- 1/2 cup of brandy (apple brandy if you’ve got it, but any will do)
- 1 bottle sparkling apple cider
Mix together all except the last ingredient & chill overnight. Add chilled sparkling cider just before serving. If you’re smart (I wasn’t), freeze about 1/3 of the cranberries & add them just before serving to keep the pitcher chilled. If you’re fancy (I wasn’t), have extra cinnamon sticks to garnish the glasses.